Sunday, January 27, 2008

Samsung U600 - The Slider Phone with Unique Features


Many new models of slider phones have been launched into the markets of late by all leading manufacturers. I was looking for a light weight slider
phone for some time that could offer good value for my money. Then one day I had a chance to explore the new Samsung U600 at a Samsung showroom in a market. The handset's shining metallic finish appealed me a lot. The retailer briefed me about the main features of the device and told that it weighed just 81 gm. It is then that I decided to buy it.

I found that the device has a smooth slide opening mechanism as I was able to slide open it without any hitches. Its large and round navigation button is quite comfortable to use. Its touch sensitive keys are very sensitive and I often tapped the keys twice when I actually intended to tap them only once. Compared to its size, the handset has a relatively big screen. It sports a 2.2 inches, 262K colours TFT display that shows good quality images.

I was able to capture some brilliantly coloured images with the help of its 3.2 mega pixel camera which is also equipped with 4x digital zoom and auto-focus. Its "Smart Search" application helped me in getting the files by simply entering first few letters of the file names into its search field. The device displayed me all the files that have the typed initial letters. The handset is equipped with a useful Name Card Recognition feature. I loaded some photos of business cards into the Samsung U600. The device magically pulled up all the useful information from the cards and put that into my contacts' list. How cool!

I feel that the Samsung U600 Ultra Edition 10.9 comes in a shiny casing which is available in either a sapphire blue, garnet red, platinum metal & in a copper gold colour. The handset feels good in the users hand as it is a lightweight handset which is easy to use with a single hand. The phone is elegant & slim will get much attention for its looks alone. The U600 Ultra Edition 10.9 is similar to the Motorola KRZR K1 with its glossy & shiny appearance which will gain attention from all those fashion conscious mobile phone users

No comments: